Academic Technology Staff
Academic Computing Systems
Academic Computing Systems provides expertise and services in the management of computers and technologies used to support teaching, learning, student life, and communications for the University. One of our largest services is the Student Computing Clusters with over 200 computers available for students, faculty, and staff to use with an array of software applications and printing services.
In addition, we manage approximately 600 other computers in classrooms and departmental labs around campus. We provide server platforms for hosting academic-related applications as well as UNH’s web presence. We coordinate licensing of academic applications (MATLAB, JMP, SAS, SPSS, et al.) that are free to all campus users. We often assist with investigations into and evaluation of new and emerging technologies that support teaching and learning.
We provide technical and client-facing services and support for teaching, learning, communication & collaboration through the Learning Management System (LMS). Our team of administrators and documentation/training specialists is located adjacent to our IDD partners in the Academic Technology suite on Level G of Dimond Library.
What we do:
- Administer and provide user support for the UNH Learning Management System (LMS).
We provide technical support for the LMS including:
- Manage user and course data
- Create instructor tools to extend LMS functionality
- Integrate third-party technology into the LMS
- Create performance and usage reports
- Process early course enrollments by request
- Create Organizations to support departments
We also provide training and documentation for users of the Learning Management System:
- Provide face-to-face, consultative, and on-demand training resources
- Provide articles, user guides and "5 minute" tutorial videos
AT Support Center (ATSC)
The Dimond Academic Commons Academic Technology Support Center (ATSC) supports the full spectrum of IT services and provides a location where students and faculty can meet, collaborate and find answers to research and information-technology questions.
AV Services currently manages over 160 Technology Enhanced Learning spaces at UNH Durham. We provide equipment rental, system design, Installation, Programming, Maintenance, and direct support to The University of New Hampshire's faculty, staff, students, and patrons.
Our services are provided at no cost for UNH-registered courses, and we support non-course or extracurricular Spaces and events for a nominal fee.
Learning Design and Technology
Our team offers face-to-face, consultative, and on-demand training resources in support of UNH Academic Technology's services such as the myCourses Learning Management System, UNH Portal, Clickers, and other Instructional Technologies supported by Academic Technology. We would be happy to come to your next departmental meeting to introduce our services or offer a training for you.
Parker Media Lab
The Parker Media Lab is a rich media production resource for UNH faculty and students. Located in Dimond Library room 237, the lab is equipped with video and audio editing stations, group-work furniture, and equipment (video cameras, microphones, etc.) that can be borrowed with a UNH ID.
Learning Development and Innovation
Learning Development and Innovation, located in Level G of the Dimond Library, promotes and develops sound instructional design principles and practices for classroom and online instruction. We support faculty by helping them consider varied instructional strategies, integrate technology effectively within their courses, and support development of engaging course content.
We explore and pilot emerging technologies and collect best practices for enhancing student learning. IDD also organizes training events and provides one-on-one consultation sessions for faculty.
What we do:
- Instructional design consultation and support
- Online instruction best practices and support
- Instructional technology integration best practices
- Course review, redesign and curriculum enhancement
- Pedagogical support of classroom student response systems, “clickers”
- Academic integrity best practices and plagiarism prevention
Web & Mobile Development
Web and Mobile Development offers full-service design, development, maintenance for UNH-related websites and mobile applications.
What we do:
- Web application development
- Drupal development
- Custom module development
- Mobile development
- Technical consulting
- Information architecture
- Website support and maintenance
Mobile Application Suite:
- Campus map application for Android and IOS
- UNH Mobile App Suite Development and Maintenance