Chair: Danielle Pillet-Shore
The Campus Planning Committee will concern itself with space allocation, facilities, and physical plant planning.
The chair or the chair’s designee should attend meetings as an observer to the Space Allocation, Repair and Renovation Committee. The chair or designee should attend meetings as a member of the Campus Master Plan Steering Committee.
Reports and motions need to be forwarded electronically to the Agenda Committee for review and placement on the agenda, which will be sent to Senators on the Thursday or Friday before the Senate meeting. Every effort will be made to include reports and motions as electronic back-ups for each Faculty Senate meeting so that Senators have access to the material ahead of time and can be prepared to deliberate on the materials. The Committee’s assistance with preparing and submitting the documents to assist the Senate is greatly appreciated.
Assistant Vice President for Energy and Campus Development, Real Property Management, & Campus Planning, Assistant Vice President of Facilities & Operations, Campus Planner
Campus Planning Committee
Charges for Academic Year 2018-19
A. Ongoing Charges
1. Analyze how current and planned facilities compare to the needs of the faculty especially in the area of teaching; for example, do we have enough classrooms that are suitable for group discussions?
2. Monitor and report on campus parking, including issues of space allocation, scarcity, or cost.
B. New Charges
The charges from the Agenda Committee shall comprise the major and first-order work of the Campus Planning Committee. However, the Committee may pursue additional issues in pursuit of its mission, stated above. If the additional issue interferes with the timelines stated in the charges above, the Committee must receive permission from the Agenda Committee before proceeding. If the additional interest does not interfere with the established timelines, the Committee must inform the Agenda Committee.
Campus Planning Committee Membership 2018-19
- Danielle Pillet-Shore, Communication, COLA, chair
- Tom Ballestero, Civil & Environmental Engineering, CEPS
- Joe Dwyer, Physics, CEPS
- Marc Hiller, Health Management & Policy, CHHS
- Ed Hinson, Mathematics & Statistics, CEPS
- William Ross, Library
- Tom Hemstock, School of Law
- GSS representative
- SS representatitve