Cathy Fraser, a teacher and librarian from Prospect Mountain High School in Alton, New Hampshire, has published her new book, Love the Questions: Reclaiming Research with Curiosity and Passion (Stenhouse Publishers). Cathy is a member of NH Literacy’s UNH School-University Dialogues research initiative. Cathy believes that school research projects should be less like busywork and more like police investigations. In Love the Questions she describes ways to engage middle and secondary students from the outset, honoring their curiosity and passion. Accessible and story filled, this book provides strategies to capture the excitement of genuine inquiry in your classroom. Learn how to:
- • embrace inquiry, curiosity, and exploration;
- • teach students to question;
- • develop authentic projects that include surveys, experiments, and interviews;
- • partner with school librarians as educational support for teachers and students; and
- • assess skills, not memorization.
Mini-lessons, practice activities, graphic organizers, and examples of student work help you turn research projects into creative, exciting investigations for your students. Video of Cathy talking about her work with students.