Aug. 6, 2020
Dear University Community—
Thank you in advance for your patience. This email will provide important reminders for members of our community who are already on one of our campuses and required to be participating in weekly testing as well as pre-arrival testing information, particularly for out-of-state students, with Quest Diagnostics®. Please choose the best option for your circumstances.
Faculty, staff and student employees who are required to return to work prior to August 31 must be tested no earlier than 8 days prior to the first day at work. Faculty, staff and students currently working on one of our three campuses should be tested immediately and return to campus only after obtaining a negative result. Once you have had a negative test and are working on campus, you must continue to be tested once every week; dates, times and locations are shared via UNH email every week.
Most employees should be testing through the UNH sponsored testing in partnership with ConvenientMD. In order to access UNH sponsored testing, you must register online a minimum of 24 hours in advance; same day registration will cause delays. You can register with any email address and you must register every week. Please know that we are aware of delays in receiving test results and are working to resolve that issue. A few key things;
- UNH sponsored testing is NOT available at a “brick and mortar” ConvenientMD location unless noted via the weekly email.
- After registering with ConvenientMD for a COVID-19 test you will receive email from Veritas Genetics with instructions on how to set up an account to receive test results. This is not spam and has been approved by UNH IT.
- If you have specific questions about testing with ConvenientMD or have not received your test results in five days, email UNHTESTINGOPS@convenientmd.com.
All students who plan to be on one of our campuses (Durham, Manchester or Concord) must submit proof of a negative test prior to arrival. Students should be tested no earlier than eight days prior to arrival. UNH is collaborating with Quest to provide pre-arrival COVID-19 testing for students who are unable to travel to any of the designated ConvenientMD locations. Register as soon as possible and learn the easiest and most convenient way for you to get a COVID-19 test. You will need your student ID number to complete the registration process. Once you register you will either have a kit mailed to you or be provided with a nearby location. If you do not know your student ID number, please visit https://www.unh.edu/it/find-your-id-number.
A few key things:
- The test you are required to have is a nasal swab, NOT the deep nasal cavity swab.
- You can get tested wherever you like but if you don’t use one of the designated test locations it will not be paid for by UNH and you will need to ensure the results get uploaded to UNH Health & Wellness. More information about how to share your results will be forthcoming.
- We are aware that there are delays in testing nationally but we have received a commitment from our testing partners that results will be available for UNH students within 3-5 days. You must participate in the UNH testing program in order for this to happen. Results from the UNH testing program will be sent directly to UNH.
- Faculty and staff are no longer required to perform the daily health screening. However, individual programs may still use it. Please check with your supervisor.
Thank you again for your patience and your commitment to ensuring we can keep our university community as safe as possible by getting a pre-arrival COVID-19 test. If you have general questions about COVID-19 testing, not answered here, send email to email@example.com.
Senior Vice Provost for Research, Economic Engagement and Outreach
Chief of Police /Associate VP for Public Safety and Risk Management