Curtailment notification announcements are made by 4am, when possible. The decision to curtail operations is made because road conditions are dangerous, the campus is unprepared for parking and pedestrian traffic, or there are utility and power outages. DO NOT call the police department to inquire about curtailed operations.
Once operations are curtailed, announcements will be made via the following outlets:
- The UNH Alert-Roam Secure System will be activated. Sign up now at alert.unh.edu
- Email messaging sent via directed communication
- Storm Information Line (862-0000)
Wildcat Transit and Campus Connector will be out of service during curtailed operations.
For more specific information call (603) 862-2328 or visit the transportation website.
When the university curtails operations, Holloway Commons and Philbrook Hall will operate from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. All other dining venues will close until the university reopens. For more information: www.unh.edu/dining or follow UNH Dining on Facebook.
Wondering what might open even though the university is under curtailed operations? Go directly to them for the most up-to-date information; do not call campus police:
- Campus Recreation: campusrec.unh.edu/
- MUB: www.unhmub.com/mub-storm-and-emergency-operations
- Dimond Library: Open with limited services from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. when possible. www.library.unh.edu
or (603) 862-1534 to confirm opening.
UNH is closed but I have tickets to an event:
Call the appropriate number below to determine if it will be held when operations are curtailed at the university. DO NOT call University Police. Attendees at these events are urged to pay close attention to weather-related travel advisories and exercise caution in winter weather. UNH cannot be liable for individual decisions to enter the campus during weather-related curtailment of operations.
- Museum of Art: 862-3712
- Theatre and Dance: 862-2919
- Music: 862-2404
- Whittemore Center Box Office: 862-4000
- Memorial Union Building (MUB): 862-2600
- Field House/Athletics: 862-2596
Access to buildings: Campus buildings are locked during curtailed operations. If you must have access during curtailed operations please see your supervisor about obtaining a key. DO NOT call the police department to give you access.
Wondering where to park during a Winter Parking Ban? Visit the transportation website for details and information.