WI checklist for students
As part of the University of New Hampshire’s graduation requirements, all undergraduates must complete four Writing Intensive (WI) courses. As a student, it is your responsibility to make sure that you fulfill the University Writing Requirement (UWR).
- Fulfilling the requirement. In order to fulfill the University Writing Requirement, it is important to make sure you have completed the following courses with a passing grade:
- English 401: First-Year Writing
- A Writing Intensive (WI) course in your major
- A WI course at the 600-level or above
- Any additional WI course
- Planning your WI courses. Check the Registrar's Approved WI Course List for a complete list of all courses currently designated as WI. Note: not all listed WI courses are offered each semester; you can use this list to determine which courses you will try to take during your undergraduate career.
- Finding WI courses for this semester. Courses designated as WI are clearly marked as such on the Registrar's Time and Room Course List. For example:
ANTH 614 01 14298 Economy, Culture, and Society 4.0 WI