UNH is committed to all students having the opportunity for an international experience. We believe it is an essential component of a 21st century education and that it imparts critical academic, professional and life skills. Visit the Why Go Abroad page to learn more. If you think that study abroad is just for other students and you would face too many barriers and challenges, please visit the Myths & Realities page and meet with a study abroad advisor.
Not sure which program is right for you? Get matched to a program in 5 minutes!
Understanding the types of UNH programs will help you to narrow your search by making sure the type of program you choose is consistent with the criteria you identified as important to your experience.
Study Abroad Program Types
- Developed by UNH faculty; administered by a UNH department
- Enroll UNH students, although some accept non-UNH students
- Courses aligned with UNH curricula, making it easy to fulfill requirements
- Pay UNH tuition, program fees and some UNH fees.
- Trade places with a student attending a select university abroad
- All courses and services are delivered by the foreign university
- For highly independent students who want an immersion experience studying with local students, relying on local services with no management or oversight by UNH or other U.S. provider
- Pay UNH tuition, some UNH fees. Pay all local costs directly while abroad
- Managed by professional third-party providers or universities abroad
- Study abroad with students from across the U.S., or with local students
- Apply to and pay the provider directly. Some UNH fees apply
- UNH experiences abroad that do not involve taking formal classes for credit
- If credit is involved, it is arranged between an individual student and a faculty member typically as an independent study or internship
- Some UNH fees apply