Private Swim Lessons
Private swim lessons (one participant) are available for adults or children that need individual attention, have special needs, learn better in a one-on-one environment, or have unique scheduling needs. Students must be at least 3 years old.
Private lessons are 30 minutes in length and can be purchased in blocks of 4 or 8:
- Block of 4 lessons = $110 per student
- Block of 8 lessons = $185 per student
- Registration for private lessons opens every two weeks on Thursday at 7:00 pm.
- First open date is Thursday, June 2.
- Additional open dates are June 16, June 30, and July 14.
- Limited spots are available - sessions tend to fill quickly.
- Registration for private lessons will close on July 28 unless full earlier.
- Students must be at least 3 years old.
- The session blocks on the right will indicate whether there are openings (i.e. "Enroll Now/Add to Cart"). If the session is full, unavailable, or the session block does not show, choose another open option or enroll during the next registration period. Please note this is done to control the quantity of lessons to provide the best level of response and scheduling of lessons. Click the '+' sign on the block(s) on the right, if available, to enroll in either a block of 4 or 8 lessons.
- We recommend adding the lessons to your cart first, which will bring you through the Log In and registration process.
- You will be asked to indicate an anticipated swim level during the registration process. Consult the Swim Level Chart. If you are unsure what your or your child's swim level is, select 'unsure' during registration and our swim instructor will do a swim evaluation during the first lesson.
- Online payment via credit card is required at the time of registration.
- Online Registration Instructions: please review before enrolling for the best outcome. Family Accounts are recommended for families enrolling multiple children in any UNH youth program.
- All lessons must be completed no later than August 19. Please take this into account when registering.
- Refunds are not provided for any unfinished lessons.
- Lessons cannot be held on Monday, July 4.
- All summer lessons are held at the UNH Outdoor Pool.
How to Schedule Lessons with a Swim Instructor:
- Once the online registration is submitted and paid, our Swim Lesson Coordinator will make initial contact with the adult student or parent via email. Our goal is to contact and pair the student or parent with an instructor approximately 4-7 business days after registration submission.
- Lesson days & times are arranged between the instructor and the student or parent once paired with your instructor. You will be asked for schedule preferences during the registration process.
Note: Swim lessons do not include admission to the pool for the day. Any family member(s) not taking a lesson who wish to swim and a child/student enrolled in a lesson who wishes to swim before or after the lesson must have a pool membership or pay the daily fee. For more information, including membership/pass fees, parking information and pool policies: UNH Outdoor Pool
UNH continues to have COVID-10 protocols in place for youth programs. Click here for Current COVID-19 Health Practices
Please review the Campus Recreation Swim Lesson Refund, Payment & Cancellation Procedures. It is the student or parent responsibility to be familiar with these procedures.
For questions or more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the program website: Learn to Swim Programs