Semi-Private Swim Lessons - Spring 2024
Pre-registration for Semi-Private Swim Lessons in Spring 2024 is expected to open February 1. (subject to change)
UNH Campus Recreation offers semi-private swim lessons (with 2 participants) that are available for children or adults that need individual attention, have special needs, learn better in a small environment, or have unique scheduling needs. Students must be at least 3 years old.
To enroll in a semi-private lesson, there must be another participant that will enroll. UNH aquatics staff do not match participants.
Registration Information - Please carefully read the following procedures in their entirety!
The pre-registration process offers prospective semi-private participants an increased chance of being paired with an available instructor. It requires each participant's parent/guardian from the semi-private group to fill out a pre-registration form. This does not guarantee enrollment in a lesson. UNH Aquatics staff will accept students for semi-private lessons on a first come, first serve basis and pair lesson groups according to swim instructor availability.
Do not enroll for lessons unless you have received notification from the Aquatics Staff to do so. Please read all information below.
- A parent/guardian for each student must complete the pre-registration form. This does not guarantee enrollment in a lesson.
- A parent/guardian must be the person completing the pre-registration form for their child. It cannot be done by another parent/guardian.
- If you are approved for enrollment based on instructor availability, you will receive an email from the Aquatics staff with further information on how to enroll and make payment.
To Complete and Submit the Pre-Registration Form:
- Log Into Your Family Account or Create a Family Account here: Family Account Log In. Do not create a new account if you have one already.
- Additional instructions for family accounts: Online Registration Instructions
- Once logged in, a family portal drop down will open; click on ‘New Application’
- Scroll until you find the “Swim Lessons: Semi-Private Pre-Registration” Application (note: the pre-registration application is only available on the dates listed above).
- Click on ‘More Information.’
- Click on ‘Apply Now.’
- Choose the child you are completing the questions for, click ‘Start.' If the child is not yet in your family account, you'll need to add them first.
- Once all required questions are complete, click ‘Submit.'
- If you are completing the questions for 2 kids from the same family, once the information for one child is submitted, repeat the steps for child 2 by going back to the steps above from 'click on New Application'
- Note: you are not enrolling or making any payment during this process. You are only completing the pre-registration questions.
- You will be asked to indicate an expected swim level in the pre-registration form. Consult the Swim Level Chart. If you are unsure what your or your child's swim level is, select 'unsure' and the instructor will do an evaluation during the first lesson.
- You will be asked to choose lesson day & time availability during the registration process. Please choose at least 2 days of availability. This allows flexibility for rescheduled lessons, if needed, to ensure the number of lessons purchased can be completed. If both participants cannot commit to at least 2 days of lessons, we suggest that you do not submit the pre-registration form until such a time you can choose at least 2 available days.
- Aquatics staff will respond to families that have submitted a pre-registration form no later than 7 business days after the pre-registration form general deadline. Further information and enrollment/payment instructions will be sent with the notification.
How Lessons are Scheduled:
- Once both students that have been approved for lessons have enrolled and paid, Aquatics staff will make contact with the parent/guardians via email.
- Lesson days & times are arranged between the instructor and the parent/guardian.
Pay & Display parking is available at a few locations near the Field House: Sage Way Visitor Lot located at 20 Sage Way, and the Edgewood Road Visitor Lot at 5 Edgewood Rd.
Families with students taking a lesson after 6 pm may park in Lot-A for free, as ticketing concludes at 6 pm. Lot-A is located across the street from the Field House on Main St. Parking in Lot-A before 6 pm may result in being ticketed. It is the student/family responsibility to pay any parking fines.
Please review the Campus Recreation Refund Procedures. It is the student or parent responsibility to be familiar with these procedures.
For more information or questions: email@example.com
For more the program website: Learn to Swim
UNH Campus Recreation also offers Private Swim lessons and Group Swim Lessons.