Semi-Private Swim Lessons - Fall 2022
UNH Campus Recreation offers Semi-Private swim lessons (with 2 participants) that are available for adults or children that need individual attention, have special needs, learn better in a small environment, or have unique scheduling needs. Students must be at least 3 years old.
To enroll in a semi-private lesson, there must be another participant that will enroll - UNH aquatics staff do not match participants. The UNH swim lesson program does not offer private lessons for 3 or more participants.
Semi-Private lessons are 30 minutes in length and can be purchased in blocks of 4 or 8:
- Block of 4 lessons ($70 per student)
- Block of 8 lessons ($110 per student)
Registration Information - READ CAREFULLY AS WE HAVE NEW PROCEDURES IN PLACE.
This new process seeks to offer prospective semi-private participants an increased chance of being paired with an available instructor. It requires each participant's parent/guardian from the semi-private group to fill out a pre-registration form. This does not guarantee enrollment. UNH Aquatics staff will accept students for semi-private lessons on a first come, first serve basis and pair lesson groups according to swim instructor availability.
- Each parent/guardian from your group completes the pre-registration Form. This does not guarantee enrollment.
- If you are approved for enrollment based on instructor availability, you will receive a separate email from the Aquatics staff with further information on how to enroll and make payment.
- Aquatics staff will respond to families that have submitted a pre-registration form no later than 7 business days after the pre-registration submission deadline.
- The Pre-Registration form for semi-private swim lessons will be available two times during the fall:
- Friday, Sept. 16 - Monday, Sept. 19
- Friday, Sept. 30 - Monday, Oct. 3
To Complete and Submit the Pre-Registration Form:
- Log Into Your Family Account or Create a Family Account here: Family Account Log In
- Additional instructions for creating a family account: Online Registration Instructions
- Once logged in, a portal drop down will open; click on ‘New Applications’
- Scroll until you find the “Swim Lessons: Semi-Private Pre-Registration” Application
- Click on ‘More Information.’ Click on ‘Apply Now.’
- Choose the child you are completing the questions for, click on ‘Start’ here and on the following screen.
- Once all required questions are complete, be sure to click the ‘Submit’ button.
- If you are completing the questions for 2 kids from the same family, once the information for one child is submitted, repeat the steps for child 2 by going back to the steps from 'click on New Applications'
- Note: you are not enrolling or making any payment during this process. You are only completing the pre-registration questions.
Completing the Registration After Notification of Ability to Enroll:
If you submitted the pre-registration questions and received notification from the UNH Aquatics staff about your ability to enroll, click the ‘+’ sign on the block on the right to complete the registration process. Further information and instructions were sent from the Aquatics staff.
Do not enroll for lessons unless you have received notification from the Aquatics Staff to do so.
- All lessons must be completed by Dec. 9, 2022. Please take this into account when registering.
- Refunds are not provided for any unfinished lessons.
- Weekend dates may not be available due to event and facility closures. Click on the Related Items tab above for unavailable dates.
- For semi-private lessons, both students must complete the pre-registration form and provide another student name that you wish to be paired with. We do not have the capability to assign groups.
- Swimmers should be of similar age and ability, have common goals, and have the same availability.
- All lessons are held at the Swasey Indoor Pool in the UNH Field House, 145 Main St., Durham, NH
How Lessons are Scheduled:
- Once both students that have been accepted to enroll have done so and paid, the Aquatics staff will make contact with the parent/guardians via email.
- Lesson days & times are arranged between the instructor and the parent/guardian once paired with an instructor. You will be asked for schedule preferences during the pre-registration process.
UNH continues to have COVID-19 guidelines in place for youth programs: Current COVID-19 Guidelines
Private Swim Lessons (1 person) are also available: Private Swim lessons
Evening Group Swim Lessons are also available: Group Swim Lessons
Please review the Campus Recreation Swim Lesson Refund, Payment, and Cancellation Procedures. It is the student or parent responsibility to be familiar with these procedures.
For more information: Learn to Swim Website
For more information or questions: email@example.com