UNH chief of police will serve three-year term

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

University of New Hampshire Chief of Police and Associate Vice President for Public Safety and Risk Management Paul Dean was elected president-elect of the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA).

“It is with great enthusiasm I accept this important role," Dean says. "I would like to thank the IACLEA membership for placing their  confidence and trust in me to serve them. I humbly accept this role as president-elect of IACLEA and, next June, as president for the 2023/2024 term.”

Dean first joined UNH as a member of the police department in 1985, serving until 1990 before a five-year stint as chief in Ashland, New Hampshire. He returned to UNH in 1995 and was appointed chief in 2011.

“This is a responsibility I do not take lightly, and I will continue to work for you and represent IACLEA as we collectively address today’s complex campus public safety landscape worldwide," Dean says. "I thank everyone for encouraging me to take on leadership roles. Most of all, I am thankful for all the leaders, colleagues and family who have guided me, supported me, educated me and prepared me for this important role.”

Dean will serve serve a three-year term that includes president-elect, president, and immediate past president.

Jeremy Gasowski | UNH Marketing | jeremy.gasowski@unh.edu | 603-862-4465