Thursday, July 8, 2021
Kyleigh Cooley '21, business graduate at UNH Manchester

Ask Kyleigh Cooley '21 about her decision to transfer to UNH Manchester, and she’ll say it was “one of the best choices I’ve ever made.”

“After being caught up in the typical freshman year lifestyle, my grades didn’t turn out the best,” she explains. “I was on academic probation my second semester, and had a hard time focusing on working to get my grades back up. But I made a commitment to myself that I would turn things around for the better.” Enter UNH Manchester's business program.

Cooley credits the “great teaching, small classes, and overall caring aspect of the UNH Manchester community" with helping her get back on track. She was not only able to improve her overall grade point average but was also able to intern at LIT Boutique in Portsmouth, N.H., where she was able to further explore her passion for social media by creating content for the company’s Instagram and TikTok accounts. She also participated in UNH Manchester’s Semester in the City program, interning as an event planner at The Williams Agency in Cambridge, Mass.  

Cooley recently earned a Bachelor of Arts in Business, walking with her fellow Wildcats at the Class of 2021 commencement ceremony in May.