The UNH community is invited to an online retirement celebration for director of research development Kathy Cataneo, Friday, Oct. 9, 3 – 5 p.m. (contact Ruth Davis for Zoom link). Cataneo is retiring in October after 45 years at UNH. Well-wishers can also sign a virtual card, record a video tribute or volunteer to make remarks live (contact Mark Milutinovich), or contribute to group gifts.
To record a video tribute, please follow these tips:
- Shoot vertically
- Make notes and practice your delivery a few times
- Set the camera on something stable about eye height and about three feet away
- Frame the shot so the top of your head is near the top of the screen
- Use the back camera, not selfie mode, because it is a higher quality camera
- Make sure the light is mostly coming from the front and the room is evenly lit, no bright spots or windows in the background and try not to mix indoor and outdoor light.
- Record in a quiet setting
- Record several takes
- Review the video and make sure the sound is clear, your face is in focus and evenly lit and you don’t have too much space above your head
- Re-record if needed