Monday, August 27, 2018
Meet the resident assistants at UNH Downtown Commons

As classes get underway for the fall semester, students living in the new UNH residence hall are settling into their dorms at 1000 Elm Street. Meet the four RAs who will ensure that life at UNH Downtown Commons is welcoming, safe and comfortable this academic year.

LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE
There are still a few beds available at UNH Downtown Commons, which features double and triple rooms, on-site dining, Wi-Fi, laundry and more. For questions or to reserve a space, please contact Annie Donahue.

Mekalia Mason-Rollins ‘20

I'm from Whitman, Mass. (where the chocolate chip cookie was invented), and I'm a student in the ASL/English Interpreting program. I'm a proud big sister of five, and I have an amazing family and a wonderful group of friends who have supported me every step of the way. My hobbies include special effects makeup, being creative with art/writing/music and hanging out with my friends (mostly playing Monopoly Cheaters Edition). I’m most excited to be a part of this wonderful community and support our residents in any way I can.

• Degree program: B.S. in ASL/English Interpreting
  • Favorite movie: Sharknado 3
  • Favorite TV shows: Bojack Horseman, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Walking Dead, The Office and How I Met Your Mother
  • Fun fact: I have no sense of smell.

Brad Wall ‘20

I’m from St. Louis and have also spent time in Mont Vernon, N.H. I like to play videogames, hang out with friends, and watch movies and YouTube with people. I’m most excited to plan events for our residents.

• Degree program: B.A. in Communication Arts
  • Favorite color: Pink
  • Favorite movie: Whiplash
  • Favorite TV show: Samurai Champloo
  • Favorite food: Pizza
  • Fun fact: My initials are BMW.

Sharmila “Sammie” Chandrakanth Pankaja ‘19

I am a graduate student in the I.T. program. I am from India and have spent time at UNH’s Durham campus. I love food and adventures. I like Indian and Chinese food—I cook amazing Indian food. I look forward to karaoke nights and, more importantly, getting to know our residents and learning about their cultures.

Sam Miller ‘19

I am originally from Waterbury, Vt., and my off-campus home is in Salem, N.H. I am most looking forward to helping build an inclusive and welcoming community here at UNH Downtown Commons.

• Degree program: B.A. in Business
  • Favorite color: Blue
  • Favorite movie: Star Wars
  • Favorite TV shows: How I Met Your Mother and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • Favorite food: All-beef hot dogs
  • Fun fact: I’m colorblind.