Monday, July 2, 2018

The Meet Your PALs Series introduces you to UNH Manchester's Peer Assistant Leaders (PALs), who help first-year students adjust to campus life. This week's PAL is Mamady Sankoh '21, a biological sciences major and graduate of Manchester Central High School.

What do you like best about being a PAL? 

The is my first year as a PAL, and I am excited to welcome new students and I am looking forward to helping students transition to college and be the best they can be and make the most out of their college experience.

What advice do you have for new students? 

My advice is to get to know your professors. In my experience, getting to know my professors and introducing myself helped me to enjoy the class as an opportunity to learn from someone I know and respect. I also felt more comfortable asking for help. I would also recommend students take advantage of the tutoring that is offered at the Center for Academic Enrichment.

What brought you to UNH Manchester? 

UNH Manchester is closer to home and affordable. 

Favorite UNH Manchester memory? 

Freshmen Orientation. I had lots of fun and the Orientation Leaders made it worthwhile.

What’s your favorite class and why? 

My favorite class was Geography of the Non-Western World because I was interested in learning about other countries around the world. I found it fascinating how geography has played important roles in the evolution of people. 

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years? 

I plan on working in the medical field maybe as a family medicine doctor. 

Tell us your favorite: 

• Manchester restaurant: Kisaki Japanese Cuisine
  • Vacation destination: Saly, Senegal
  • Movie: Black Panther
  • Book: The Amulet

As a child, what did you wish to become when you grew up? 

Doctor, actress, singer, model and fashion designer. 

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? 

Mecca, Saudi Arabia. 

We’d be surprised to know that…

I have a YouTube channel. 

If you could try anything and not fail, what dream would you attempt? 

To be a full time YouTuber, specifically making videos about health, beauty and lifestyle. 

If you could go on a road trip with anyone (from the past or present), who would you choose and where would you go? 

I would go with my friends on a cross country trip to every amusement and water park.