CEPS dean assumes role immediately

Friday, May 11, 2018

Wayne Jones
Wayne Jones

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to let you know that Wayne Jones Jr. has agreed to serve as interim provost and vice president for academic affairs effective immediately. I asked Wayne after consulting with President-elect Dean, Faculty Senate leadership, my senior leadership team and Dean’s Council, and I am pleased we will have his wide range of experience and expertise in place as we move forward.

As dean of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences for nearly a year, Wayne has successfully focused on student success, graduate education and growing industrial partnerships to support applied and fundamental research. Prior to joining UNH he was professor and chair in the department of chemistry at Binghamton University, where he served in numerous leadership roles including founding director of the Center for Learning and Teaching. Wayne has authored more than 150 publications and articles, holds six patents and his work has been supported by more than $14 million in federal research grants. In addition, he cofounded a startup company producing optical nanomaterials patented from his university research lab.

Please join me in welcoming Wayne to the role of interim provost.

Regards,

Mark W. Huddleston
President