New web page lets alums share their professional experiences, as well as their thoughts on how UNH helped them achieve their career and personal goals.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

We all like to check out what our classmates have done since graduation. Now, you can read about fellow alumni’s professional achievements and life-lessons learned with the click of a button on the recently launched UNH Alumni Tales webpage.

Open to all alumni, the webpage features a professional bio and photo of those who have submitted their information via a brief online form — sharing what they have been up to one, five and 10 years after graduation. They’re also sharing how their experience at UNH helped prepare them for their future endeavors. 

Alumni Tales webpage

“We knew alums were accomplishing great things out in their professional lives, and we wanted a place to share those successes,” says Bridget Finnegan, creative director, who worked with UNH's social media manager Jason Boucher on the Tales concept.

The Alumni Tales webpage also allows the broader community to share in the Wildcat pride that alumni carry with them months and years after earning their diplomas. 

“UNH is where I came alive academically and socially. From Day One … I learned to be an active participant in my educational journey. I wanted to study things I was personally interested in and passionate about. I’m fortunate to now be in a place where I can be my authentic self at work and be surrounded by similarly minded people,” wrote Tony Berry ’01, who says he is “living the dream” working in HR at Burton Snowboards. Others credited specific faculty members, departments and internship experiences with helping them find their “right fit,” professionally. 

Share your tale! Go to www.unh.edu/unhtales/alumni-tales/ to share your story, and check out what other alumni are up to.

Most Quotable

Alumni Tales has provided some great quotes from UNH alums about how they feel about the university: 

UNH bred a unique generation of curious, collaborative, thoughtful Wildcats in the 1990s, and their talents and service enrich New Hampshire and the world every day.

I don’t doubt my time at UNH opened doors for me to find a passion that I otherwise would have never found.

As a transfer student I wasn’t sure what to expect from UNH. I can safely say that transferring to UNH was the best life decision I have made to date. Not just because of the vast amount of learning I did, but also because of the amazing sense of community.

Originally published in UNH MagazineWinter 2015 Issue