Each semester, students in the Carbon Clinic serve as consultants to complete carbon footprint analyses for leading regional businesses, nonprofits and communities. It's an exciting opportunity for students to gain expertise and experience in sought-after environmental reporting skills and for companies, non-profits and municipalities to gain capacity and knowledge to advance their climate goals. The Clinic leverages the Sustainability Institute’s expertise and investment in the Sustainability Indicator Management and Analysis Platform (SIMAP), an online platform used by more than 500 organizations worldwide to understand, communicate, and manage their carbon and nitrogen footprints.
We're pleased to introduce the Fall 2023 Carbon Clinic student teams and our partner organizations.
We're a media consulting firm empowering organizations to drive engagement and action with data-driven strategies, compelling content, and collaborative implementation
Client Representative: Benn Marine, Director of Social and Environmental Impact, Dirigo Collective
Group Leader: Jason Staples ‘23, Analytics and Data Science and Sustainability Dual Major
- Tyson Ball ‘24, Business Administration: Management
- Alec Ferrante ‘25, Environmental and Resource Economics and Sustainability Dual Major
Lumina Foundation is an independent, private foundation in Indianapolis that is committed to making opportunities for learning beyond high school available to all. We envision a system that is easy to navigate, delivers fair results, and meets the nation’s need for talent through a broad range of credentials.
Client Representative: Micky Clymore, Human Resources and Facilities Associate
Group Leader: Bailey Jones ‘22, '24G, Masters in Environmental Engineering
- Grace Rau ‘25, Environmental Conservation and Sustainability
- Cole Fuller ‘24, Analytical Economics and Educational Studies
- Liam Cody ‘25, Business Administration: Management
We live to develop and share our equipment, apparel, and expertise to outfit deeper connections and authentic experiences in the outdoors for a more inspired life.
Client Representative: Laura Schaffer, VP Conservation and Sustainability
- Brett Schultz ‘26, Business Administration and Sustainability Dual Major
- Owen Miller ‘24, Economics and Philosophy
Placework’s mission is to create transformative design for the benefit of people and planet. We design to elevate the human experience by creating places that feel good and foster connection. Our approach is regenerative and promotes community and ecological well-being.
Client Representative: Alyssa Murphy, Principal, Placework
Group Leader: Durga Raja ‘25, Environmental Conservation and Sustainability
- Olivia Audet ‘24, Environmental Conservation and Sustainability
- Nathan Maybach ‘24, Women's and Gender Studies and Sustainability Dual Major
Hailing from DownEast Maine, Wild Blueberries are in our blood, and fruit is on our mind. Always. We see firsthand every day the beauty of Mother Nature at work, and it inspires us to preserve what she creates and provide it to the world. That’s why at Wyman’s our mission is simple: We want to help the world eat more fruit. To do that, we impeccably maintain our barrens of antioxidant-rich Wild Blueberries and partner with like-minded farmers from all over, allowing us to pair our harvests with the most flavorful and nutritious fruits on the planet. We believe it’s this approach that makes Wyman’s Wildly Better®.
Client Representative: Bruce Hall
Group Leader: Morgan Williams ‘24, Environmental and Resource Economics and Sustainability Dual Major
- Meghan Guimont ‘23, Business Administration: Management and Sustainability Dual Major
- Justin Wentworth ‘25, Environmental Science and Sustainability Dual Major
- Clara Franzoni ‘25, Environmental Conservation and Sustainability
- Dalton Wick ‘25, Business Administration: Management