5 Healthy Foods That Keep You Full
Learn About Healthy Foods That Are Filling And Satisfying
A common misconception of a healthy diet is that you are always hungry and never satisfied. It is actually quite the opposite. Choosing healthy foods that will fill you up is a crucial piece to maintaining a healthy weight or to lose weight. Fiber, protein, and water are the essential components to this. The best foods to consume are those that have a high satiety and a low glycemic index.
Listed below are foods that are good for you and also keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer:
- Apples: Contain pectin, which naturally slows digestion and promotes a feeling of fullness.
- Oatmeal: High in fiber, which helps you feel satisfied and full.
- Avocado: Filled with fiber and monounsaturated fat.
- Legumes: Beans, lentils, chickpeas, and peanuts contain lean protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
- Almonds: All nuts contain healthy fats, but almonds contain the most fiber per serving, which will keep you feeling full for a longer period of time.
To learn more about healthy eating, check out the Healthy UNH nutrition page!