What Is The EAP?
Everything You Need To Know About The Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a resource for all UNH faculty and staff members. The EAP is available 24/7, with the goal of providing faculty and staff with what they need when “dealing with life’s challenges.” Through this program, faculty and staff have access to monthly newsletters, monthly theme-focused tip sheets as well as a variety of other resources.
These resources include services within the following areas:
- Counseling: For anxiety, stress, depression, grief, parenting, drug or alcohol abuse, transition, change, and relationships
- Family Caregiving: Including parental care, daycare/summer camps, special needs services, preparing students for college, assisted living, in-home care, transportation services and adult daycare
- Legal: For adoption, bankruptcy, child custody, criminal issues, divorce, estate planning, immigration, real estate, tenant’s rights and mediation
- Convenience: For repairs, moving/relocation, cleaning, car/hotel reservations, sightseeing tours, destination guides, dining, personal shopping and gift recommendations
- Online Tools & Information: For research articles, wellness articles, online trainings, monthly webinars, and self-search locators for child, academic and adult care resources
Life can be unpredictable and very challenging, but the EAP is a great resource to help faculty and staff through these challenges. For more information check out the UNH Employee Assistance Program homepage.