Publications for New Faculty
- Boice, R. (2000). Advice for new faculty members. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Boice R. The new faculty member: supporting and fostering professional development. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1992.
- Boyle, E. (2003). Essentials of college and university teaching: A practical guide. Stillwater, OK: New Forums Press.
- Cahn, Steven M. From Student to Scholar, a Candid Guide to Becoming a Professor, New York: Columbia Univ. Press, 2008
- Cordell, R.M. (Ed.). (2004). Quick hits for new faculty: Successful strategies by award winning teachers.
- Lucas, C. (2002). New faculty: A practical guide for academic beginners. New York: Palgrave, 2002.
- Menges, R. J. & Associates (1999). Faculty in new jobs: A guide to settling in, becoming established, and building institutional support. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Moody, J. (2005) Demystifying the Profession: Helping Junior Faculty Succeed.
- Moody, J. (2007) Reducing Stress for 'Solo' Faculty: Guidelines for Faculty and Administrators.
- Schoenfeld, A. C., & Magnan, R. (1994). Mentor in a manual: Climbing the academic ladder to tenure. Madison, WI: Magna Publications.
Web Site: Creating an LGBTQ Friendly Educational Experience for Students. Resources for building an accepting, safe, affirmative environment for LGBTQ students both inside and outside of the classroom
Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- About Us
- Faculty Development
- News & Events
- Reports & Stats
- Staff Development
- Student Services