The GSS is currently seeking Senators to represent the following constituencies.
- College of Health and Human Services (CHHS)
- College of Liberal Arts (Representing: Justice Studies, Liberal Studies, Music)
- Paul College
- UNH Manchester
- UNH School of Law
If you're interested in serving, please email email@example.com.
The GSS currently needs volunteers for the following external committees:
- MUB Board of Governors
- President's Commission on the Status of People with Disabilities: This special commission has fairly strict requirments for possible candidates. The Commission would prefer a representative with a disability or one whose graduate research is related to disability studies.
- President's Commission on the Status of People of Color
- President's Commission on the Status of GLBT Issues
- Transportation Policy/Transit Advisory Committee
- UNH Sesquicentennial Planning Committee: Planning for the 150th anniversary coming up in 2016.
- University Council for Inclusive Excellence and Equity
Also, these internal committees of the GSS are always looking for additional members who are interested in participating:
GSS Programming Committee: This internal GSS committee is responsible for organzing all social and community service events for the GSS. Under the direction of the Programs Coordinator, the Programming Committee is in charge of coming up with new, fun, and diverse ideas for entertainment, trips, and service projects.
GSS Financial Affairs Committee: This internal GSS committee oversees the finances of the GSS. Under the GSS Treasurer, the Financial Affairs Committee reviews the GSS budget and oversees the annual review of the graduate student mandatory fees.
GSS Governmental Affairs Committee: Under the External Affairs Officer, this internal GSS committee corodinates interactions and communication with local, state, and national legislators as well as any official responses to relevant legislation.