Florida Organic Growers (FOG), a non-profit in Gainesville Florida, is searching for the right individual to manage a project that helps connect specialty crop growers and consumers, including consumers receiving federal nutrition assistance in under-served neighborhoods.
The 2 year project is designed to open new markets for specialty crop growers while increasing access to affordable, locally grown, fresh fruits and vegetables for various under-served communities throughout Florida.
Compensation: Excellent benefit package and salary range of $28,000 - $36,000 depending on experience and responsibilities; Two year full-time grant-funded position, will be renewed depending on grant funding.
Anticipated stated date -- Early January 2013
FOG Specialty Crop Food Systems Project Coordinator will be directly responsible for the day to day tasks of the project, overall coordination of market selection, trainings, statewide convening's, implementation of EBT Technology, monitoring project progress and more. Ideal candidate will be expected to:
• Expertly track grant budgets
• Consistently meet reporting requirements • Promote EBT project to local agencies, residents, media, etc.
• Plan, develop, and evaluate outreach and education activities • Work with Director of Finance or other staff as needed to submit reports to granting agencies on time • Attend outreach events and project meetings across the state of Florida as required • Other responsibilities, as needed or required
• Proven expert project and grant management experience • Proven experience meeting deadlines • Ability to travel; excellent driving record required • Computer experience, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
• Exceptional writing skills
• Experience engaging and working alongside underprivileged communities and agencies that assist those communities • Experience coordinating and working with volunteers • Knowledge of local food systems development • Public speaking experience; Experience giving interviews or talking to the press • College degree preferred and/or equivalent experience
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to OfficeManager@foginfo.org
SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED! NO PHONE CALLS!
Florida Organic Growers is located in sunny Gainesville Florida. From Visit
We like to say Gainesville is where nature and culture meet. Actually, we like to say many things when it comes to this place. It tends to be our favorite subject. But taking all objectivity out of it, we think Gainesville is uniquely special. Our location is part of it, equidistant from the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean, central to most Floridian metropolitan areas, yet away from it all. This provides us the rare privilege of being a small town at heart, yet within a bigger city and all its inherent advantages. We're free to enjoy nature and the space it provides, but with all the attractions and amenities you could ever need on a vacation. Plus, being home to the University of Florida makes us a college town too. Energy and passion, education, an eclectic mix of personalities and interests all of it in some way is inspired by the school. That's who we are. And this is what people say about us.
• AARP ranks Gainesville in the top 20 "Best Places to Reinvent Your Life"
• SmartMoney.com ranks Gainesville # 1 place to retire during an economic downturn • Forbes ranks Gainesville in the top 25 "Smartest cities in America" and in the top 25 "Best places to do business and have a career"
• Popular Science magazine ranks Gainesville "Most Technologically Advanced City in Florida"
• National Geographic Adventure magazine ranks Gainesville among the top 10 "Best places to live and play"
• Gainesville ranked #1 in the newest Sperling's "Cities Ranked & Rated: 400 Metropolitan Areas Evaluated in the U.S. and Canada".
Applicants are encouraged to visit http://www.foginfo.org/ to learn more about our organization.