Associate professor of strategic management and entrepreneurship

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Dev Dutta

I came to UNH from India by way of Canada as a newly minted Ph.D. in 2007 to start a second career after nearly 15 years as a strategy consultant. I wished to be a complete scholar and teacher, and what I liked most about UNH was its dual emphasis on rigorous research and exceptional teaching. I have been able to focus my research as well as my undergrad and graduate teaching on intriguing questions relating to three dynamic fields within the management discipline: strategy, innovation and entrepreneurship.

UNH has offered me so many other ways to develop myself and contribute, including serving as a faculty alumni ambassador. I have been fascinated and honored to meet alumni at events and learn about the bonds they share with UNH through connections that sometimes span generations. I have found them to be passionate about giving their time, listening to student and program success stories and working with the university to take it to the next level. I consider myself fortunate to be a part of this wonderful institution.”

The faculty alumni ambassador program fosters mutually beneficial relationships between UNH faculty and alumni. Faculty learn strategies for sharing their research in interesting and accessible ways and engage with alumni at selected events. For more information about this faculty opportunity, contact Jennifer.Woodside@unh.edu in the alumni relations office.