Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - All Day Event
For UNH Faculty
Application for partial funding for the NCFDD Faculty Success Program
Spring: October 1 Summer: February 1 Fall: April 1
Funding information here: https://unh.app.box.com/file/1080269917036?s=zfokggqstwh4os75betrvyu1cu2q5hop
About the Faculty Success Program
The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD) is an independent professional development, training, and mentoring community of graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, and faculty members. The highly acclaimed Faculty Success Program is an intensive virtual boot camp offered through NCFDD that combines empirically tested methods, coaching, peer discussions, and accountability tools to help academics thrive in their careers and achieve a healthy work-life balance. A session of the FSP runs in the spring, summer, and fall.
This virtual boot camp is intended for tenure-track and tenured faculty who want to be able do the following:
• Set achievable professional and personal goals and a realistic plan to meet them
• Establish a consistent and sustainable daily writing routine
• Develop a publication profile that exceeds the institution's promotion criteria
• Master best practices in academic time management
• Excel at collaborating effectively with colleagues and administrators
• Enjoy a full life beyond campus
Most NCFDD online tools and resources are open to all faculty, graduate students, and postdoctoral scholars from member institutions like UNH. Enrollment in the Faculty Success Program incurs additional cost. Faculty members can pay for this program on their own, seek departmental and/or collegiate support, and/or apply for partial support from the Office of Engagement and Faculty Development.
To be eligible for partial tuition support from the Office of Engagement and Faculty Development, applicants must be
1) non-tenured tenure-track faculty at the University of New Hampshire; and
2) members of NCFDD (activate your free NCFDD membership at (https://www.facultydiversity.org) Additional information about the FSP can be found at: https://www.facultydiversity.org/sessions/fspspring2023.
For those seeking financial support for the FSP, priority will be given to junior faculty who are underrepresented in their fields or on campus, whose research, teaching, and/or service helps to diversify the University of New Hampshire, or who are actively involved in cultivating a climate of equity and inclusion on campus.
Participants are expected to complete the Faculty Success Program and participate in weekly calls and exercises. Following the program, participants are expected to “give back” to the university community within a year of their participation, either individually or in small groups. Some activities through which participants might share what they learned include: 1) Facilitating a weekly or monthly writing group; 2) Hosting one of NCFDD’s virtual workshops for an appropriate group; 3) Sharing relevant planning and time-management techniques with graduate students.
To apply, please complete a brief statement (1-2 pages) detailing the following:
• Your Name, Title, Department, and College.
• What you hope to gain from participating in the program and how that aligns with your professional goals. Additionally, please describe how you believe your participation will benefit your department/college/campus/community, particularly with respect to fostering a climate that advances diversity, equity, or inclusion.
• A statement indicating your willingness (not a detailed plan) to initiate some sort of programming after your participation to enhance the University of New Hampshire in some way.
• Indicate the plan for supporting the remaining portion of your tuition (e.g., personal PD/start-up funds, department and/or college support). Please include a signature or statement from your chair or dean to indicate their support.
• Applications for the Faculty Success Program should be emailed to Leslie.Couse@unh.edu