- be a U.S. citizen or national, or permanent resident alien,
- be a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) major, (Note that those with a major in Mathematics Education are not eligible for this scholarship.)
- have both an overall cumulative GPA and a GPA in STEM courses of 2.75 or higher.
- be at least second semester sophomore (60 or more credits by end of current academic year) with two years or less to graduation, and
- plan to apply to the UNH program in Master of Arts in Teaching or the Master of Education.
Seniors – Take GREs and apply for graduate admission to either the Master of Arts in Teaching or the Master of Education (Feb. 1 deadline). Check out the UNH Graduate School website for more details and for the application. You will also need to complete the Noyce Scholarship application.
Sophomores/Juniors – Complete the Noyce Scholarship application.
Freshmen/Sophomores – summer teaching opportunities will be available summer 2018
All undergraduates should contact the UNH Noyce Scholarship Program advisors listed under the "Contact Us" link on the left menu.
Application and Selection Process
- Apply to the UNH Noyce Scholarship Program
- Noyce Applicant Review Criteria:
- Grade point average, especially grades in STEM major and education courses.
- Well written personal statement that displays passion for STEM discipline and teaching, a disposition to care for students, willingness to take initiative, and understanding of the characteristics of a good teacher.
- Letters of recommendation depict STEM ability, responsibility, reliability, leadership, previous success when working with children, good communication skills, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to use criticism to improve.
- Successful experience working with children or youth as demonstrated in Education 500 "Exploring Teaching" or an equivalent experience. Also success in working with teaching colleagues.
- Financial need and/or underrepresented status of the applicant in STEM education is considered but not required.
Questions? Email email@example.com