Poster Guidelines: Creating and Printing a Poster
The Undergraduate Research Conference (URC) provides both easels and black poster boards in two sizes: large - 40" X 60" and small - 32" X 40" for the following events:
- The Parents Association Undergraduate Research Symposium
- The Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Symposium (specifications): POSTERS SHOULD NOT MEASURE LARGER THAN 36" X 48". Easels and poster boards will be provided.
- The COLSA URC (specifications): POSTERS SHOULD MEASURE EITHER 44" X 36" OR 36" X 48" ; easels and poster boards are also provided.
This tutorial is a helpful 10-chapter guide to creating an eye-catching and informative research poster, with an overview on all aspects of the production process.
The resources below are provided to help with poster creation and design:
- Building a Poster Using PowerPoint: A Guide for Using PowerPoint to Present Your Research as a Large-format Poster
A detailed, multi-page guide on making a poster using PowerPoint. Helpful for poster creation regardless of whether or not you choose to use PowerPoint.
- Tips on Making a Poster: A Baker's Dozen
Quick targeted tips for making your poster more effective and visually pleasing.
- UNH Printing Services' Poster Printing Guide
- Last-minute Check
List of what to check before taking your poster file to the printer.