Poster Guidelines: Creating and Printing a Poster
The Undergraduate Research Conference (URC) provides both easels and poster boards for the following events:
- Parents Association Undergraduate Research Symposium: Recommended poster sizes of 32" X 40" or 36" X 48"; posters not to exceed 36" X 48".
- Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Symposium (specifications): POSTERS SHOULD NOT MEASURE LARGER THAN 36" X 48".
- COLSA URC (specifications): POSTERS SHOULD MEASURE EITHER 36" X 44" OR 36" X 48".
This tutorial is a helpful 10-chapter guide to creating an eye-catching and informative research poster, with an overview on all aspects of the production process.
The resources below are provided to help with poster creation and design:
- Building a Poster Using PowerPoint: A Guide for Using PowerPoint to Present Your Research as a Large-format Poster
A detailed, multi-page guide on making a poster using PowerPoint. Helpful for poster creation regardless of whether or not you choose to use PowerPoint.
- Tips on Making a Poster: A Baker's Dozen
Quick targeted tips for making your poster more effective and visually pleasing.
- UNH Printing Services' Poster Printing Guide
- UNH ESRC Poster Printing Guide
- Last-minute Check
List of what to check before taking your poster file to the printer.