UNH at a Glance
Location: Durham, New Hampshire
Land Grant, Sea Grant, and Space Grant charter
Colleges And Schools:
- Graduate School
- College of Engineering and Physical Sciences
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Life Sciences and Agriculture
- College of Health and Human Services
- Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics
- Thompson School of Applied Science
- UNH School of Law
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester
- More than 1,000 teaching and research faculty
- More than 133,000 alumni in 78 countries
- 200 degree programs
- Undergraduate: 13,000
- Graduate: 2,000
- 70 countries represented
Maps & Directions
Click here to access downloadable campus maps and directions to the UNH Durham, UNH Manacherst and UNH School of Law (Concord) campuses.
Did You Know?
- UNH was the first university in the nation to earn the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) ENERGY STAR rating for residence halls -- Congreve, Lord, and McLaughlin halls. It ranks in the top 5 percent for energy efficiency among similar colleges and universities around the country, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
- UNH was the first land-grant university in the country to have an organic dairy research farm. The dairy provides much needed research to organic dairy farmers and educates the next generation of farmers interested in sustainable agriculture.
- UNH was the first university in the nation to use landfill gas as its primary fuel source with EcoLine™, an innovative project that uses purified methane gas from a nearby landfill to provide up to 85 percent of campus energy needs.
- The Space Science Center (SSC) at the University of New Hampshire's Institute for the Study or Earth, Oceans, and Space is one of the top three space plasma physics centers in the country. It has supplied instruments to 23 space missions. Two UNH alumni are in the ranks of NASA astronauts.
- UNH has the longest-standing endowed sustainability program at an institution of higher education in the United States.
- UNH boasts New Hampshire’s largest public transit system, with most buses and shuttles running on alternative fuels.
- Each year, more than 900 undergraduates participate in UNH’s weeklong Undergraduate Research Conference, making it one of the largest such conferences in the country.
- The Center for Coastal and Ocean Mapping/Joint Hydrographic Center is a national leader in research, training and creation of state-of-the-art ocean mapping technologies.