UNH Mobile App Now Available For iPhone, iPad
To download the app, visit the App Store for your iOS device, or Google Play for your Android, and search for "UNH Mobile."
Access to all things UNH is now available for Apple devices in addition to the Android platform upon which it was first developed. ‘UNH Mobile’ is a suite of 18 application modules presented within the context of a customizable home screen. Six of these app modules access mobile-ready UNH websites, while the other 12 reside directly within the application itself.
The app was developed by the UNH Mobile Application Development Team, which is comprised of members of Information Technology (Academic Technology & Web Solutions) and University Communications and Marketing (New & Emerging Media).
The 18 modules include:
1. Athletics: features Wildcat news, providing instant access headlines, as well as up-to-the-minute scores, live stats, audio streaming, schedules, team information, rosters, TV/radio, and more.
2. Augmented Reality: location-based augmented reality module consumes the following AR channels: UNH map info, Wikipedia, Twitter. Not available for iPads.
3. Computer Labs: real-time computer availability in computer labs across campus. The module integrates with Maps app to show the building locations, directions, etc.
4. Courses: search UNH and UNHM course catalogs. Fall, spring, summer and J-Term courses are represented; courses are categorized by category, but can be broken down by online, general education, or Discovery. The bookmark feature allows users to keep track of courses of interest.
5. Dining: shows a 10-day menu forecast for Holloway, Stillings and Philbrook. Users can also search for and then select specific food items to view a recipe and an interactive nutritive analysis of their entire meal.
6. Directory: search student (requires Blackboard authentication and authorization) and employee directories.
7. Events: shows links to websites for upcoming UNH events, as well as the event calendar RSS feed.
8. Get help: displays emergency contacts including UNH and Durham police, Health Services and the IT service desk.
9. Learn: a link to the Blackboard Mobile Learn application. The Bb Learn app needs to be downloaded separately from Google Play to run within the UNH portal shell.
10. Map: campus map includes a “places” feature in which buildings and places are grouped by category (academic, athletics/recreation, landmarks, etc). The GPS/WiFi integration enables the app to detect your location and provide driving, walking or biking directions to your next destination.
11. News: mobile version of the Media Relations website; lists most recent news releases with links to searchable news archive. Also includes searchable database & directory of faculty experts.
12 Photos: swipe-capable gallery of UNH images.
13. Social Media: module is a link to the mobile version of the UNH Social Media website: www.unh.edu/social, and features a collective list of affiliated groups supported by UNH, including: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Foursquare, Instagram and Flickr. Updated on a regular basis.
14. Transit: displays schedules for Campus Connector and Wildcat Transit, with full route information. The data integrates with your device's onboard map to pinpoint the locations of bus stops. In addition to providing directions to UNH (via bus, train, car and boat), the module also shows up-to-date information about vacation schedules, exceptions, late-night services, and more.
15. Videos: UNH YouTube videos, grouped by playlists. Videos can be bookmarked to create your own playlist. You can also search for videos and playlists that exist within the UNHVideo channel.
16. Virtual Tour: virtual tour of campus, dining halls, academic buildings, recreational offerings, and student life. It was recently optimized for mobile display featuring a swipe-enabled slideshow, with video / photo toggle view options.
17. Wildcat Link: the mobile version of the Wildcat Link website, wildcatlink.unh.edu, serves as a resource for student organizations at UNH, featuring an updated event listing and a student org directory with searchable fields.
18. WUNH 91.3FM: makes use of onboard media-streaming to enable livestream of WUNH 91.3FM. The module interface also indicates which program is on air.
More information about the app, including support, FAQ, and contact information, can be found on the UNH Mobile website: unh.edu/mobile.
Originally published by:
Information Technology and New & Emerging Media