Summer Session

Frequently Asked Questions

Will housing be available?

Lodging in student residence halls is available to individuals who register for summer credit courses.  Application and payment for housing accommodations must be on file at least two weeks prior to class start date. For more information, visit the Department of Housing website or call (603) 862-2120.

Which dining areas will be open?

During the summer, meals are served Monday through Friday at Holloway Commons. Commuters and campus visitors are also welcome in the dining hall. For meal plan options, pricing, hours of operations and more information, visit the UNH Dining website, or call (603) 862-1821. 

Downtown Durham also includes a number of eateries that are open year-round.

Will the library be open?

Students enrolled in Summer Session courses will have access to the University’s award-winning Dimond Library and the four science and engineering libraries. Learn more at

Where is parking available?

Parking permits are available to purchase. For more information, please contact Parking Services at 603-862-1010 or visit them online at

Will Hamel Recreation Center be open?

Students enrolled in Summer Session courses may purchase an access pass to the Hamel Recreation Center and other recreation facilities. For more information visit the Campus Recreation website or call (603) 862-2031.

Will the UNH Bookstore be open?

The UNH Bookstore is located in the Memorial Union Building and carries used and new textbooks for all courses, licensed University clothing and merchandise, office supplies and more. For details and hours of operation, visit the UNH Bookstore online or call (603) 862-2140.