- Must be a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) major
- Good academic standing at UNH
- Must be at least second semester sophomore (57 or more credits by end of current academic year)
Seniors – Take GREs and apply for graduate admission to either the Master of Arts in Teaching or the Master of Education (Feb. 1 deadline). Check out the UNH Graduate School website for more details and for the application. You will also need to complete the Noyce Scholarship application (downloadable below) and submit by November 1 or March 1 (or May 1st for Spring 2017 only).
Sophomores/Juniors – Complete the Noyce Scholarship application (see details below) and submit it by November 1 or March 1 (or May 1st for Spring 2017 only).
Freshmen/Sophomores – summer teaching opportunities will be available summer 2018
All undergraduates should contact the UNH Noyce Scholarship Program advisors listed under the "Contact Us" link on the left menu.
Application and Selection Process
- Apply to the UNH Noyce Scholarship Program (download Noyce Scholarship application [pdf]) --
May 1 deadline for 2017 only. November 1 and March 1 deadlines in future years.
- Noyce Applicant Review Criteria:
- Grade point average, especially grades in STEM major and education courses.
- Well written personal statement that displays passion for STEM discipline and teaching, a disposition to care for students, willingness to take initiative, and understanding of the characteristics of a good teacher.
- Letters of recommendation depict STEM ability, responsibility, reliability, leadership, previous success when working with children, good communication skills, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to use criticism to improve.
- Successful experience working with children or youth as demonstrated in Education 500 "Exploring Teaching" or an equivalent experience. Also success in working with teaching colleagues.
- Financial need and/or underrepresented status of the applicant in STEM education.
Questions? Email email@example.com