Due to the intensive format of January Term, ALL students are limited to registering for one* course and a maximum of 4 credits.
*One Course Exception: Students may register for more than one course provided the courses DO NOT meet concurrently and the total credits DO NOT exceed the 4 credit maximum.
Deadlines January Term 2016
- October 26: Registration opens at 8:00 a.m. No RAC, instructor or advisor signature required.
Students without Webcat accounts must register in person, by phone, fax or mail.
Please note: payment is due at the time of registration for all non-degree students; degree students will be billed.
- December 24: Noon deadline for students without Webcat accounts registering for any courses beginning Dec 28. Must register in person or by phone.
- December 25 - January 1: Offices closed for holiday break. Regular business hours resume Jan 4.
- December 28: Online/Hybrid courses and Study Abroad trips begin.
- January 4: On Campus courses begin.
- January 4: LAST DAY to ADD or DROP classes on Webcat. Webcat registration closes at 4:30 pm.
- January 4: LAST DAY to DROP with REFUND. Full tuition and fees refunded. Refund policies may vary for a study away course.
- January 7: LAST DAY to DROP without petition. No refund available. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy your instructor or drop in person at the Registrar's Office.
Note: Courses dropped between January 8-12 by approved petition will result in a 'W' on transcript.
- January 12: Mid-semester. Note: Courses dropped by approved petitions after this date will result in a 'WP' (passing) or 'WF' (failing) grade. 'WF' does affect GPA.
- January 22: Classes end.
Note: Pass/Fail option is available for degree students only. Download pass/fail form.
Auditing a course is not permitted during January Term.
Non-UNH Students (students without a Webcat account)
Mail: UNH Registration, 11 Garrison Ave., Stoke Hall, Rm 180, Durham, NH 03824.
Fax: (603) 862-1817
In-Person: Office of the Registrar, 11 Garrison Ave., Stoke Hall, Room 180, Durham.
Phone: (603) 862-2015 or 1-800-313-5327
Payment Methods & Information
Cash, check, credit card, TMS payment plans (only for students currently enrolled in TMS for spring semester), graduate assistantships (full year or spring) or financial aid credit from fall or spring semester accepted. Employee/dependent tuition waivers and NH Senior Citizen tuition waivers also accepted.
UNH Degree Students
If you are enrolled in a UNH degree program and you are registering for January Term your tuition and fees will appear on your bill. Late fees will be assessed if payment is not made by the due date. You must drop January Term courses by the published deadlines (above) to avoid tuition and fee liability and additional late fees. Failure to attend or to participate in a class does not constitute an official drop. Tuition charges can be viewed on the Registration Fee Assessment page.
Financial aid may be used if you have a credit from fall or spring packages. If you use a portion of your spring semester financial aid package and subsequently do not enroll in the spring semester, you are liable for any January Term course charges.
Students currently enrolled in the spring TMS payment plan may add January Term charges to their accounts. Students must contact TMS to increase their monthly budget payment.
UNH Non-Degree and Non-UNH Students
If you are not enrolled in a UNH degree program and you are registering for January Term or Spring semester you must pay at the time of registration or your class(es) will be dropped.