Coaching for Performance
The Coaching for Performance Approach
- Role of Manager/Supervisor as a Coach, not as a judge
- Focuses on the present and future
- Annual Competencies are individualized
- Emphasizes ongoing dialogue
Why Use the Coaching Approach?
- Fits a 21stcentury workforce by
- Moving away from transactional management;
- Increasing employee engagement, creativity and productivity; and
- Increasing accountability.
- Supports Succession Planning
- Promotes a “Learning Organization” Culture