WHO IS REQUIRED TO HAVE A BACKGROUND CHECK?
- Budgeted |Benefits Eligible Positions
- Adjunct Faculty
- Adjunct Staff (Including Students)
- Graduate Appointments
- Current Benefits Eligible Employees: promotions and reclassifications when the duties of the new position or reclassification include new significant financial responsibility.
- Rehired Employees: If a background check was completed within the past year, a new background review will not be required, unless there are areas of review required by the job that were not covered in the previous review
- UNH Youth Programs: Employees working with UNH Youth Programs/Youth Skills Camps are required to undergo annual background checks.
The University of New Hampshire strives to provide a safe
work environment. A pre-employment review of a candidate for employment is done to comply with pertinent laws, promote a safe work environment, and to protect the University's assets, including its employees, students, property, and information.
All background check requests are submitted using the online UNH Background Check Request Form: REQUEST A BACKGROUND CHECK.
For more information about the background check process visit the Procedures and Related Links/Forms pages.