We are working to incorporate a new sustainable camp cuisine at a residential summer camp in Wilmot, NH and are in need of one experienced Chef/Manager and two Assistant Chefs, from early June through late August. Please see detail responsibilities and requirements below. If you know of any qualified culinary professionals who are looking for a great seasonal career opportunity, please pass this along and have them forward their resume to – firstname.lastname@example.org .
Camps Kenwood and Evergreen
Camps Kenwood and Evergreen is a high-end overnight camp for 300 boys and girls. We offer a diverse program of sports, arts, theater, & adventure/travel on a scenic 180-acre lakefront campus in Wilmot, NH. Between mid-June and mid-August we serve 530 children and adults three meals per day, and provide food services for daily on-campus special events and off-campus trips.
The camp is seeking a qualified Chef Manager to oversee its high quality, seasonal foodservice program from June 2nd to August 25th. Room and board is provided.
The Chef/Manager will supervise two Assistant Chefs in addition to overseeing the efforts of a kitchen staff of approximately 18. S/he will also work collaboratively with the Camp Director, councilors, and with individuals and departments throughout the camp. Additionally, the Chef Manager will assist in growing the camp’s new, cutting edge sustainable food program.
- Five or more years of professional culinary experience
- Three or more years of professional kitchen management
- Experience leading and supervising a food service team
- Experience producing high volume food service in small batches ensuring quality, freshness and nutritional value
- Ability to prepare meals with fresh local food
- Experience preparing meals for school-age children as well as adults
- Ability to give and receive constructive input
- Ability to create seasonal menus that change daily
- Experience with healthy and scratch cooking techniques
- Passion for sourcing and foraging local and sustainable food
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse constituencies
- Experience in coordination and management of special events
- Experience managing accounting systems for cost-control management
- Willingness to work long hours, evenings and weekends
- Availability to work on site from June 2nd, to August 25th.
Please send resume & cover letter to: Sustainable Food Systems, LLC email@example.com with the subject CK&E Chef Manager.