Social Media Intern
Living Inc. is looking for an intern to assist with growing its SM presence;
bring to the forefront HLI’s work; and assist in healthy cooking demos and
classes. The core of the internship focuses on participating in the Healthy
Corner Store Initiative cooking demos and classes that HLI is contracted to do
through a grant from the Department of Health. The assistant will work in
partnership with the lead
educator; but while the main role of the educator is to perform the demo and impart cooking and nutrition knowledge, the main role of the intern assisting is to document HL’s work on site.
Hence the skills required are as follows:
Driving: Must have a car and be in good standing.
Flexibility: This job will require the individual to attend the many events that HL holds and assist as needed in a variety of functions, from helping with planning logistics, assisting w/ food prep, driving, attending cooking events and documenting HL work through SM outlets. Job requires to be available on some Saturdays, especially in the summer.
• Knowledge and SM platforms – all current, especially Facebook and Twitter
• Video tapping. Video editing a +, but not necessary.
• Help ID new SM media platforms that best would benefit expanding knowledge of HL work.
• Understanding of current issues relating to food policies, food justice, distribution and how
these affect lower income communities.
• Ability to write about these issues and communicate through various SM platforms and connect
them to how HL in contributes to solutions.
• Ability to document in writing and visually the work of HL through the HCSI cooking demos &
• Basic knowledge of cooking and experience working in professional kitchen (will train).
Salary: $15 per hour + car mileage government rate.
Average no. of hours a week: 15 – 20; more as needed.
Time Frame: May 1st – October 30th, 2013.
Please send resumé to Juliettetahar@healthylivinginc.org with copy to email@example.com .