Headquartered in New York, Butter Beans Inc. provides healthy meals and food education for bodies and minds through our tasty, nutrient-rich Butter Beans Food Service program for school meals and snacks, Butter Beans Food & Garden Summer Camp and After-School Cooking Classes aimed at improving the health and welfare of children today.
We are seeking Food & Garden Summer Camp counselors who are passionate and knowledgeable about healthy eating and cooking, local food, gardening, farming, childhood nutrition, and posses a love for educating children. This position will report to the Director of Wellness + Food Education.
The ideal candidate: will posses excellent communication skills, 1-2 years of teaching experience, classroom management skills, and is a responsible, dynamic, dependable, flexible, resourceful, detail oriented, problem solver, team player, who has a strong work ethic, high energy, and a good sense of humor.
- Leading lessons, managing field trips, making sure that our campers day-to-day is safe, fun and nurturing.
- Making sure campers are accounted for, and prepared for their day.
- Attending and overseeing all trips and activities.
- Organizing games and activities for students during down time, or travel.
- Leading and facilitating cooking lessons.
- Helping with pick up and drop off of campers.
- Assisting with early + after care.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Time commitment: This position is available from July 8th-August 16th
To apply: Please send your resume, and a short letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org CPR/First Aid Certification preferable.