Customer Service / Outreach Assistant
LUCKY PEACH is a quarterly journal of food and writing. Each issue focuses on a single theme, and explores that theme through essays, art, photography, and recipes. See more about us at lky.ph/.
The primary responsibility for this position is to manage all interactions with Lucky Peach customers, which includes email, phone, and social media. There will be opportunities to help with outreach, advertising, marketing, and publicity, as well.
- Manage Lucky Peach customer service email and phone, responding to all inquiries within 48 hours. (ex: change addresses, interact with warehouse, and identify bugs and fixes in the store website.)
- Manage press lists and press mailings
- Manage invoicing for advertisers
- Assist in prepping lists for subscription mailings, renewal notices, and general list maintenance.
- Assist with social media
- Work with Publisher to fill bulk orders, assist retailers in getting the magazine, and on projects to expand distribution.
- Work with publicity team on special events, outreach and logistics
- Assist with whatever is needed in the Lucky Peach universe
- BA or BS degree
- 2 years of related experience
- Must be excited about MS Excel organization.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and politely to customers, regardless of the circumstance.
- The following would be preferable: retail experience, base knowledge of HTML and/or ecommerce systems, a love for food and cooking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Very strong attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Independent and self-motivated
- Willingness to take on any task