Faculty to host virtual info session on February 3

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Assistant Professor Daniel Seichepine, left, to host virtual info session about UNH Manchester's psychology and neuropsychology programs, Feb. 3.

Psychology is a diverse and exciting field that extends to many career opportunities. At UNH Manchester, hands-on learning is central to the teaching philosophy, which is why psychology and neuropsychology students graduate prepared for success in the world. A survey of UNH Manchester's 2019 psychology and neuropsychology graduates found that 100% of participants were employed or enrolled in graduate or medical school within six months of graduation.

Virtual Psychology & Neuropsychology Info Session
Wednesday, Feb. 3 | 5 - 6 p.m.
Register today

Join us for a virtual info session on February 3 at 5 p.m. to discover how UNH Manchester's psychology and neuropsychology programs give you the research skills and hands-on learning to prepare you for your career or further education. The session will be led by Daniel Seichepine, Ph.D., who has taught psychology and neuropsychology at UNH Manchester for seven years. Since joining the faculty, his passion for the subject has been a beacon of inspiration for students. Seichepine is a clinical neuropsychologist who has published several peer-reviewed publications on sports-related mild traumatic brain injury, Parkinson’s disease and normal aging.

His current research examines the long-term effects of repetitive sports-related mild traumatic brain injuries on cognition, mood and behavior. Central to the learning experience, Seichepine actively involves his undergraduate students in research—several of whom have had their findings published. He has been featured on local news outlets to talk about a variety of neurological conditions, from dementia to concussions to addiction. Seichepine was awarded UNH Manchester’s 2018 Excellence in Teaching Award as well as the 2018 New Investigator Award from the International Society for CNS Clinical Trials and Methodology.

What do you like best about your job?

DS: My favorite part of my job is when I have the opportunity to work one-on-one with students or in small groups. This usually occurs during research or in small study sessions for my classes (particularly statistics!). In these sessions, I enjoy getting to know students on a more personal level.

What is your favorite UNH Manchester memory?

DS: Being awarded the 2018 Excellence in Teaching award was special for me.

Tell us your favorite:

• Manchester restaurant: We don’t eat out much in Manchester, but my favorite place is right behind the UNH Manchester building – The Foundry.
  • New Hampshire destination: Clark’s Trading Post, Santa’s Village and Story Land.  We have three little kids and seeing the joy on their faces at these places is something I will always cherish.
  • Book: This is a tough one, but if I had to pick one I would say The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway. 
  • Movie: The Departed.
  • Childhood book: My favorite childhood book was James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl.
  • Childhood TV show: As a young child my favorite TV shows was the 1980s Spiderman cartoon. As a teenager my favorite show was Friends.

Learn more about Professor Seichepine and UNH Manchester's  psychology and neuropsychology programs at our virtual info session on Wednesday, February 3 at 5 p.m. RSVP today

psychology & neuropsychology virtual info session, feb. 3

Producer: 
Kassidy Taylor | Marketing & Communications, UNH Manchester | kassidy.taylor@unh.edu
The faculty in UNH Manchester’s Psychology and Neuropsychology programs—who have published more than 20 journal articles over the past few years between the four of them—not only offer students the opportunity to do hands on, real-world research as undergraduates, but also encourage them to get that work out into the scientific community.