DURHAM, N.H. -- University of New Hampshire Professional Development and Training will host the 6th annual Conference for Office Professionals on Thursday, April 28, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Sheraton Harborside Hotel in Portsmouth.
This conference is geared to office managers, executive and administrative assistants, clerical staff, and other office professionals. Several concurrent sessions will be offered that focus on communication skills, time management, and organizational skills.
Each year the conference has sold out with more than 200 office professionals from a wide variety of companies and organizations throughout New Hampshire and the surrounding region.
- Learning to Listen MORE Actively
- Improving Your Planning, Organizing, and Time Management Skills
- Communication Detours: 10 Tools to Keep Difficult Conversations on Track
- Employment Law for Office Professionals
- Navigating Your Way through Change
- What? No Angels? How to Deal with Difficult People at Work
- Calm, Clear and Connected: Practicing Assertiveness
- Say NO to Negativity and Stress; and YES to Positivity!
Speakers are experts in the field of human resources management, organizational development, communications, and career planning, and include:
- Deborah Gallant, SPHR, Certified Compensation Professional, is president of D. Gallant Management Associates, a human resources consulting firm in Portland, Maine.
- Tess George, M.A. in speech communication, is founder and principal of Speakwell, a communication training firm, focusing on communication skills in the workplace.
- Gerri King, Ph.D., is a social psychologist and organizational consultant to corporations, nonprofits, governmental agencies, and educational and healthcare institutions.
- Lynne Richards, MBA, is an author and founder of Leading Generations, a training and leadership development firm, and a member of the National Speakers Association.
Cost of the conference is $195 if registered by April 14 ($225 after April 14). Cost includes materials, lunch, and parking.
Individuals can obtain information and register at http://www.learn.unh.edu/pros. Registration by phone (603-862-2015), mail, and fax is also possible. For more information about the institute call (603) 862-4234 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A limited amount of exhibitor space is available for organizations that want to promote their services or products. For more information about being a conference exhibitor, call (603) 431-5674 or send an email to email@example.com.
UNH Professional Development and Training is a unit within the UNH Graduate School whose mission is to serve individuals, businesses, and organizations in New Hampshire and surrounding regions by offering a wide range of one-day noncredit seminars, short-term noncredit certificate programs, conferences, and on-site customized training. Programs are designed to assist professionals in developing new or advanced knowledge and skills in a variety of fields. Instruction provides a balance of theory and practical skills that participants can immediately apply to the workplace. For more information, visit http://www.learn.unh.edu/pcw.
The University of New Hampshire, founded in 1866, is a world-class public research university with the feel of a New England liberal arts college. A land, sea, and space-grant university, UNH is the state's flagship public institution, enrolling 12,200 undergraduate and 2,300 graduate students.