Friday, March 22, 2019
UNH's Ted Eynon

Ted Eynon ’85, owner, Meier Skis

It's been incredibly gratifying to see the UNH community come together out here in Colorado, where I have lived since 2000. So many UNHers come for the mountains, snow and skiing that we are now an estimated 1,300 strong in our local alumni chapter!

My UNH roots run deep. My father, Stu Eynon, graduated with a forestry degree back in 1949, and continues to attend football games and alumni events. My uncle, K.v. Dey ’48, UNH’s first- ever Hubbard Award recipient, roomed with my dad at Kappa Sigma. They are the reason so many in our family went to college in Durham and graduated as Wildcats: my sister Cyndi ’80, cousins Ted Dey ’84 (UNH trustee) and Pam Dey Vossler ’81 (UNH Parents Council president) and many of my nieces and nephews. We were all born into the UNH family and have an abiding love for both the state of New Hampshire and the university.

My business, Meier Skis, is located in Denver, and we’ve used the space for UNH holiday events and for a happy hour when UNH played CU Boulder last fall. It’s been so much fun seeing alumni of all ages come together with UNH as a unifying common bond. I have enjoyed meeting fellow Wildcats from every decade, from the ’40s through to recent graduates.

There are many ways we can give back to our beloved University of New Hampshire, where we met lifelong friends and created so many fond memories. I encourage each of you to jump in, get involved and give back in some way. If ever you find yourself in Denver, please stop by Meier Skis to say hello. Go Wildcats!