Becky Fleming ’92 shares what UNH means to her

Monday, July 10, 2017
UNH alumna Becky Fleming '92

Becky Fleming '92 has remained connected to UNH, giving to her alma mater year after year.

Becky Fleming ’92 has loved UNH since her first visit — and she has remained connected ever since, giving back to her alma mater year after year. And while it may be the multimillion-dollar-plus gifts that often make headlines, regular gifts from alumni like Fleming are also immeasurably important to the success of current and future Wildcats.

“I honestly thought it was something everyone did,” Fleming says of her decision to give to UNH each year. “I started giving to maintain the connection to a great part of my life — to give something back to a place that gave me so much.”

"I learned so much in and out of the classroom."

During her UNH years, she recalls, “I was part of the Student Senate, including serving as the Academic Affairs Council chair for two years. I volunteered for the football coaches doing statistics — and have a Yankee Conference Champions ring! As a senior, I helped author a paper on sick building syndrome and presented the paper at a UNH-sponsored conference in Venice, Italy.” Fleming, who was a microbiology major, now works in the medical device industry.

When asked for her favorite UNH memory, Fleming immediately responds, “Just one?”

The list is long: “Making lifelong friends through the Student Senate, using the electron microscope, hockey games at lively Snively, passing organic chemistry, Homecoming, Spring Fling outdoor movie night ... I could go on and on,” she says.

And 25 years after graduation, why does Fleming make it her priority to give back to UNH each and every year?

“Giving makes me continue to feel connected,” she says. “Even the smallest gift makes a difference … Maybe it is just a book at the library, a brick in a building — but when combined together, it is so much more.”

You can make a lasting impact for UNH.

Find Out More

Jeremy Gasowski | UNH Marketing | jeremy.gasowski@unh.edu | 603-862-4465