- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Tufts University, 1996
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Tufts University, 1993
- B.S./M.S. in Applied Mechanics (Honors), Dnepropetrovsk University, Ukraine 1986
Prof. Tsukrov worked in industry for Parker Hannifin Corporation performing finite element simulations of new composite materials, and for AIR Inc. modeling damage to structures due to natural disasters (tornadoes, earthquakes, etc.). He has been with the University of New Hampshire since 1997.
Prof. Tsukrov's areas of interest are in micromechanics of composite and porous materials (including 3D woven and carbon/carbon composites), finite element analysis in solid mechanics and ocean engineering, and mechanics of materials for marine applications. Overall, he has published about 90 papers in the refereed scientific journals and peer-reviewed conference proceedings. He is a co-author of one book, and an editorial board member of 3 international journals.
Prof. Tsukrov is director of the UNH Computational Mechanics Laboratory (http://www.unh.edu/cml)
Prof. Tsukrov regularly teaches ME 735/835 - Mechanics of Composite Materials, ME 786/886 - Introduction to Finite Element Analysis, ME 935 - Micromechanics of composite & porous materials, and ME 986 - Advanced Finite Element Analysis.
Prof. Tsukrov is currently involved in the following research projects:
- Multiscale Studies of Carbon/Carbon Composites
- Utilization of Copper Alloys for Marine Applications
- Prevention of Microcracking in Three-Dimensional Woven Composites
- Testing of Pyrolytic Carbon Valve in the SynCardia Total Artificial Heart
- Numerical Modeling for Marine Aquaculture Engineering Applications
- I. Tsukrov, B. Drach, T.Gross “Effective stiffness and thermal expansion coefficients of unidirectional composites with fibers surrounded by cylindrically orthotropic matrix layers”, International Journal of Engineering Science, v. 58, pp. 129–143, 2012.
- S. Dietrich, J.-M. Gebert, G. Stasiuk, A. Wanner, K.A. Weidenmann, O. Deutschmann, I. Tsukrov, R. Piat “Microstructure Characterization of CVI-Densified Carbon/Carbon Composites with Various Fiber Distributions”, Composites Science and Technology, v. 72, pp. 1892-1900, 2012.
- I. Tsukrov, H. Bayraktar, M. Giovinazzo, J. Goering, T. Gross, M. Fruscello, L. Martinsson “Finite element modeling to predict cure-induced microcracking in three-dimensional woven composites”, ", International Journal of Fracture, 2011, v. 172, No. 2, pp. 209-216, 2012.
- R.Z. Hasan, B.L. Kinsey, I. Tsukrov “Effect of Element Types on Failure Prediction Using a Stress-Based Forming Limit Curve”, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, v. 133 (6), pp. 1-8, 2011.
- I. Tsukrov; A. Drach, J. DeCew, M.R. Swift, B. Celikkol, “Characterization of geometry and normal drag coefficients of copper nets”, Ocean Engineering, v. 38, pp. 1979-1988, 2011.
- B. Drach, I. Tsukrov, T. Gross; S. Dietrich, K. Weidenmann, R. Piat, T. Böhlke “Numerical modeling of carbon/carbon composites with nanotextured matrix and 3D pores of irregular shapes”, International Journal of Solids and Structures, v. 48, pp. 2447–2457, 2011.
- T. Gross, K. Nguyen, M. Buck, N. Timoshchuk, I. Tsukrov, B. Reznik, R. Piat, T. Boehlke “Tension–compression anisotropy of in-plane elastic modulus for pyrolytic carbon”, Carbon, v. 49, pp. 2141–2161, 2011.
- About Us
- Graduate Studies