UNH Youth Programs
COVID-19 Protocols 2021-22
(Subject to Change)
The health & safety of our youth program participants, families, and UNH staff and students are our priority.
COVID-19 prevention strategies are necessary to protect all individuals. UNH will continue to have COVID-19 protocols in place until it is no longer necessary.
Entering the 2021-22 academic year, the protocols below, with others, are in place. Note that protocols may be adjusted based on COVID-19 recommendations from UNH, the State, or national health organizations such as the Centers for Disease Control. Managers will work to inform families of any changes in a timely manner.
Current youth program protocols include:
1. Physical distancing: 3-ft or 6 ft when eating/drinking
2. Face coverings:
Masks are required indoors for adults and youth per CDC guidance for K-12 schools and UNH guidance.
Masks are not generally required to be worn outdoors, but may be required if distancing cannot be maintained.
Masks will not be provided by UNH, but should be brought by the student.
Accommodation requests will be considered for a person with a disability who cannot wear a mask or who cannot safely wear a mask.
3. Frequent cleaning and sanitation
4. Encouraging frequent hand-washing/sanitation, respiratory etiquette (sneeze in your sleeve)
IF A CHILD IS FEELING ILL IN ANY WAY, DO NOT SEND THEM TO THE YOUTH PROGRAM.
Additional Important Information:
- If a student feels ill during a program, the parent/guardian will be contacted to pick up the child immediately. The child will be isoloated, under staff supervision, until the parent/guardian arrives.
- Parent/guardian and other family members aside from the participant may not be allowed to observe or otherwise stay in a facility, depending on a variety of factors.
A youth program may need to be temporarily or fully cancelled due to changing COVID-19 situations. Should that occur:
- If a program is cancelled by UNH before it begins, a full refund is provided.
- If a program is cancelled by UNH in progress, a pro-rated refund is provided.
- If a student has to miss any amount of participation once the program has started, no refund will be provided.
- Refunds for non-COVID-19 purposes will follow program-specific refund procedures.
Please contact the program director if you have questions or concerns related to these protocols.
Thank you for your help in keeping your families and the UNH community healthy!