UNH Manchester - STEM Discovery Lab
The UNH STEM Discovery Lab enriches the learning experiences of students in grades K-12 to further encourage them to consider pursuing college. The programs offered at the STEM Discovery Lab help improve teaching and learning and close the academic achievement gap among science, technology, engineering and mathematics students.
All programs are hands-on and engaging and take place on the University of New Hampshire Manchester campus. Youth engagement opportunities are offered during the academic year and in the summer.
Click on the links to below to view informational flyers for these events:
- 4-H Science Bonanza: FREE Science Event for youth ages 4-13. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019.
- EXCELL-in-STEM Afterschool: Educational Excellence for English Language Learners. Programs in SeaPerch, Biotech Challenge, Computer Science Discoveries, and VEX Robotics. For Grades 9-12 on Thursdays, Jan. 9 - March 5; 3:30 - 5:30 pm.
- Design, Make, Code: Programs in SeaPerch, Biotech Challenge and VEX Robotics. For Middle - High School students on Thursdays Jan 9 - March 5; 3:30-5:30 pm.
- Introduction to Electronics: For Grades 8-9 on January 6, 13, 20, 27, February 3, 10, 17 and March 2; 4-6 pm
- 4-H Science Discovery Club: Explore ideas like far away galaxies, 3-D design and printing, coding computer games and animations and more! Held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month; 5:30 - 7:30 pm for Ages 7+.
For the SDL website: STEM Discovery Lab