National Political Conventions Program, Summer 2020
The University of New Hampshire will again be offering The Washington Center's National Political Convention Seminar program in the summer of 2020.
- Democratic National Convention: Milwaukee, WI. July 5–17, 2020
- Republican National Convention: Charlotte, NC. August 16–28, 2020
Attend & participate in the National Political Convention Seminar of your choice, for academic credit This two-week academic seminar program includes guest lectures, panel discussions, briefings, workshops, and field work on-site at the convention. Field work examples include media organizations (CNN, Daily Show, Fox News, etc.), non-profit and advocacy agencies, state delegations, convention security, and more. In their fieldwork, past students have conducted interviews, prepared for events, greeted VIPs, and supported the convention from behind the scenes. Photos from past fieldwork assignments and seminars can be found here.
- INCO 795.01, 4 credits
- Cost of course: $1,995.00, plus UNH registration and technology fees
- Housing is included in the cost of the course. Students must supply their own transportation, and meals.
- Participants must be full-time, matriculated UNH students who meet the UNH Study Away eligibility guidelines and the time of registration and at time of departure for the seminar
- Participants are required to adhere to TWC's code of conduct, including professional dress code, attendance, and professional and academic expectations
Thanks to generous funding from UNH Alumni donors, UNH is offering five tuition scholarships for INCO 795.01.
- National Political Convention Seminar Scholarship Application
- Applications accepted until 11:59pm on March 11, 2020.
- Applicants will be notified by March 23, 2020.
- Scholarship covers the cost of UNH tuition for the course only; recipients will be required to pay the UNH registration and technology fees, all travel, and meals.
Want more info? just let us know!
Coming Soon: Inside Washington Presidential Inauguration 2021
- INCO 795.01, 4 credits
- Two-weeks during JTERM 2021
- Fully furnished 4-person apartment housing in DC will be included in the cost of the course
Check back for more details on the program, or visit The Washington Center's Inside Washington website.
Any student wishing to have INCO 795 count toward a major or minor, must consult with and receive approval from faculty in the department.
Students interested in either program should schedule an appointment with Paula DiNardo, UNH Liaison to TWC through myWildcat Success , and start the UNH Study Away Eligiblity Form.