As a participant in the 2020 URC-ISE, you will be involved in the largest poster event in the Undergraduate Research Conference at UNH. Below is important information you should be aware of as you prepare.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- By March 4 - Online registration Deadline at midnight
- March 11 - Deadline for corrections to Resource Needs and Project Title - look for assignment in myCourses (Canvas)
- March 24 - Power needs survey Deadline for those projects who requested power during registration - look for assignment in myCourses (Canvas)
- March 26, 12:40-2:00 p.m. - Attend URC-ISE Student Orientation Meeting in DeMeritt 112
- April 6 - Project Abstract Deadline - look for assignment in myCourses (Canvas)
- April 19 - Submit Poster electronically Deadline - look for assignment in myCourses (Canvas)
- April 21, 12:00-5:00 p.m. - Set up poster and project materials at Hamel Recreation Center
- April 22 - 202 URC-ISE at Hamel Recreation Center
First Place poster in each judging group - $500
A non-cash Honorable Mention award will be given in each judging group.
STEM Reverse Career Fair
Plans are underway for a STEM Reverse Career Fair which would invite members of industry to attend the ISE Open House to see you in action. Information on companies that will be in attendance will be sent from the CEPS CaPS Office.
Info in myCourses (Canvas)
Students who have registered to participate in ISE will be enrolled in the URC-ISE course in myCourses (aka Canvas) after the registration deadline passes. Check there often for Assignments, Announcements and Files.
Student Orientation Meeting
A mandatory Student Orientation Meeting will be held for ISE participants on Thursday, March 26, 12:40-2:00 p.m., in DeMeritt 112. One student participant from each group should attend.
Rubric for Judging
Each group will be judged by industry professionals, alumni, past winners, professors and graduate students. Judges will utilize a rubric to score you on your research, poster presentation, and oral presentation. You can find the 2020 judging rubric in the URC-ISE course in Canvas under Files | Judging Group Information.
Posters in URC-ISE should not be larger than 36" x 48".
Many CEPS departments have plotters that can print posters for students or will pay to have these done either at ESRC Poster Printing Services located in Morse Hall, Room 253 or UNH Printing Services located at the West Edge Copy Center. Prices for printing at these two locations can be found at on the URC Poster Printing Information and Pricing webpage.
Check out these Poster Presentation Help pages for additional information.
Using the UNH Logo on your Poster?
If you plan to include a UNH logo on your poster, the logo is available for download HERE. Please note that The University Seal is for use only on diplomas and other designated official University documents and should not appear on URC-ISE posters.
UNH Connors Writing Center
Consider making an appointment with a consultant at the UNH Connors Writing Center for help with poster and oral presentations. It's free!
Each poster in the 2020 URC ISE will be required to submit an abstract by April 6. The maximum character count for the abstract is 1300, including spaces. Participants should have their research project adviser(s) review the text prior to submitting.
Online Abstract and Poster Book
Once the URC ISE has concluded, we will publish all submitted abstracts and posters online to generate interest and promote undergraduate research by our students. Check out the 2019 URC ISE Online Abstract book at unh.edu/urc/ise.