The IROP Faculty Advisory Committee looks for:
- A well-written proposal including a clear statement of the research question, project design, and approach/methodology.
- A clear explanation of how the following will be acquired during the year prior to the research experience including:
- adequate knowledge of culture and language
- appropriate background knowledge & research skills
- sufficient knowledge of resources & contacts at site
- Consideration of cultural/language barriers or time constraints
- Safety (guided by U.S. State Department travel advisories and the UNH International Travel Risk Review Committee; see http://www.unh.edu/global/policy-international-travel-risk-review-itrr and international research coordinator Georgeann Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your questions and/or concerns)
- Emotional and intellectual maturity of student
- Student ability to represent UNH favorably abroad
All applicants and their faculty mentors will be notified in writing within four weeks after the application deadline.