We hope the information and suggestions we have provided for high school students and their parents will help in the college search.
- Exploring the Health Professions
- There is no "Pre-Med" major at UNH. You may major in anything as long as you complete the required prerequisite courses.
- Our office connects students with offices around campus to help with extracurricular involvement, volunteer service, research, and leadership
- We work closely with The UNH Career Center for tips and information on job shadowing, mentoring programs, internships, and paid employment opportunities in the Healthcare field and beyond
- UNH offers a 2-credit, Health Professions Seminar open to sophomores and juniors which includes guest speakers from across the Healthcare disciplines as well as advanced advising on application preparation and process
- UNH offers Medical and Dental applicants a committee letter of evaluation, regardless of gpa or entrance exam score
- UNH acceptance rate for Medical applicants is slightly higher than the national average. For students with at least a 3.50 gpa and in the 70th percentile on the MCAT, UNH students have a 85-95% acceptance rate (depending on the year)
- You will be able to meet with a Pre-Professional Health Programs Advisor during accepted students' open houses in the Spring
- Once you get to UNH, at June Orientation speak with an advisor about your interest in a pre-professional health program. Then, in the Fall, attend a new-student meeting in September and register for the email list