Create a Survey
1. Select Surveys/Forms (left side of screen)
2. Click +Add New
3. Enter the Name of the survey. When naming the survey, make sure you put your department name at the front, followed by a hyphen. (EX. "UACC -")
4. Select the check box next to Student for the survey's Target
5. Choose the Start Date and End Date the survey will be available
7. Select Yes for Limit Survey Availability. You will set the availability of the survey later on in the process.
8. If you want to allow respondents to edit the results of the survey after they complete it, select yes for Allow Edit. Otherwise, select no.
9. Select No for Force Survey
- It is extremely important that no is selected for this option. Otherwise, all system users will be required to answer the survey before doing anything else in the system.
10. Select No for Allow External Link
11. Click Save
12. Select the Eligible Responders tab
13. Using the detailed criteria, select the student population that you want the survey to be viewable to. In this example, the survey is available to freshmen and sophomores who are Undeclared in COLA.
- Note: It is important to limit the availability of the survey to allow only the students to whom the survey applies to be able to view and complete it
14. Once the eligible responders have been selected, click Submit (bottom of the page)
15. To begin creating the questions for the survey, click on the Fields tab
16. The fields of name and email will auto populate and cannot be deleted. To add questions to the survey, select Add New Field from the Add Fields drop down menu
17. Enter the survey question next to Label.
18. If you want the question to have helper text, type that information next to Blurb. This is not required.
19. Click the Widget drop down menu to select the answer type (text, text area, check box, etc.)
- Note: Not all user will have access to the answer types displayed. Speak with your Wildcat Advising Department Contact if you need the use of radio buttons, picklists or checkboxes.
20. To make a question required for the respondent, select the check box next to Required
21. When all the questions have been created, click Publish to finish the survey
22. To view the responses to the survey, click on the Responses tab. To run reports on these results, click on the Reporting tab.