When to Establish Yourself with SAS

When to Register with SAS? 

UNH Wildcat
UNH Wildcat 

We encourage you to make contact with SAS as soon as possible. There is no obligation to request or use accommodations; and, in fact, there may be no apparent need right away.

Providing documentation and meeting with SAS staff will provide information about what services/resources exist, as well as begin the process for identifying accommodations – academic, housing, and other. Faculty accommodation letters are created once documentation is received, reviewed, and discussed with the student. You can complete an Intake and upload documentation  (in electronic format) via ClockWork, once you are an admitted UNH student (UNH ID required). If you have questions or problems with the (ClockWork) process, you are welcome to call or stop-by the office for assistance (603-862-2607; 711 TTY or 800-735-2964 Relay NH; 201 Smith Hall).

There is no deadline to make contact with SAS, complete the Online Intake, or provide documentation to SAS. The process of identifying and determining accommodations is an ongoing conversation. Students should provide additional documentation and/or talk with SAS as concerns and needs arise, or as the condition of the disability changes.

If you are requesting a housing accommodation, you should follow all UNH Housing policies and deadlines, while SAS is determining the status of your request. UNH Housing will be notified of any accommodations SAS determines.

Appointments will be available throughout the summer months to meet with SAS. Appointments may be scheduled via ClockWork or by contacting the office, (603-862-2607; 711 TTY or 800-735-2964 Relay NH; SAS.office@unh.edu)

As part of our effort to be paperless, all documentation should be submitted via ClockWork (in electronic format). Please do not send disability-related documentation to Admissions or Housing. SAS is the central location for this information. 


The University of New Hampshire is committed to providing appropriate accommodations and services to students with disabilities under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 including changes made by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008. Contact the Affirmative Action and Equity Office, Section 504/ADA Compliance Officer (V. 603-862-2930 TTY 603-862-1527) with questions about compliance or discrimination, or to file a complaint. 

 ADA Compliance at UNH; Affirmative Actions and Equity office website